How do I place an Order?
Orders can be placed by phone or by visiting one of our display locations. A deposit of 50% is required when your order is placed.
How long will it take from time of order?
Our lead time varies depending on the product you purchase as well as time of year, but generally run anywhere from 2 – 6 weeks or so; large, custom build buildings like two story garages may be around 8 weeks or so. We do keep sheds in stock at our displays, which may be available in a more expedited time frame for your convenience.
What is SmartPanel siding?
Duratemp is a T-1-11 Douglass Fir plywood with a hard board exterior. making it very durable and moisture resistant.
How do you deliver my Shed?
A heavy duty pick-up truck and tilt trailer powered by hydraulics especially designed to move sheds.
What is the difference between vinyl and wood?
Vinyl is maintenance free, wood on average needs to be repainted every 10-12 years.
How much room do I need for delivery of a fully assembled Shed?
Allow for at least 2′ feet more than the width of your building. Allow 3′ feet for Garden Buildings and The Quaker style.
Could I build my Shed as a kit?
Yes. We can build you a panelized Shed Kit at no extra charge. There is an additional fee if we build your shed on site.
What is a vinyl clad wood playset?
The weight-bearing frame of a vinyl clad wood playset is wood, just as for the wooden playsets. Unlike wooden playsets, however, virtually all wood components are covered in PVC vinyl sleeves, and some are replaced with poly lumber.
Why buy a vinyl clad wood playset?
- Structural strength – Our vinyl clad playsets use pressure-treated southern yellow pine for the structural frame. Southern yellow pine has superior structural strength and is frequently chosen for building applications when strength is required (e.g., roof trusses). In addition, the vinyl sleeves have both strength and flexibility, resulting in a sturdy play system frame. Our pressure-treated wood is also rated for constant contact with moisture, unlike many vinyl sets you may find at a lesser price point.
- Appearance – Our vinyl clad playsets keep their beautiful appearance long term. UV inhibitors in the vinyl protect it from the sun’s ultraviolet rays, effectively minimizing yellowing and color loss.
- Maintenance – Our vinyl clad playsets are virtually maintenance free. No painting or staining is required, with only an occasional cleaning needed to maintain a fresh appearance.
- Durability – The pressure treatment applied to the wooden parts of the playset effectively reduces or eliminates decay and insect infestation. And of course the vinyl parts of the playset are a long term solution for outdoor applications. All metal components are either powder-coated or stainless steel for durability.
Why buy a wooden playset?
- Structural strength – Our wooden playsets are built from pressure treated southern yellow pine. Southern yellow pine has superior structural strength and is frequently chosen for building when structural strength is important. It is an excellent choice for creating a sturdy, durable playset.
- Appearance – The pleasing look of natural wood blends well in many settings. The wood may be painted or stained if the naturally weathered wood appearance is not the desired end result.
- Maintenance – Our wooden playsets are ready for exposure to the weather without additional stain or paint. However, stains may be used to retard the natural weathering process (outdoor wood stains usually contain UV blockers) or the playset may be painted.
- Durability – The pressure treatment applied to the wood before manufacturing the playset (think paint driven into the wood) effectively reduces or eliminates decay and insect infestation.
- Renewable American Resource – Southern yellow pine is thought to be the most sustainably renewed species of tree in the world. It grows fast and is farmed much like our food supply. At the present time 199 million acres of southern yellow pine forest are being replanted in the southeastern United States every year.
- Specialty Designs – We have a greater flexibility with an all wood playset to come up with fun designs, such as our pirate ship playsets.
Can I custom order a swing set?
Yes, Amish Direct Playsets has been designing custom swing sets for over fifteen years. Browse through our selection of pre-configured play sets and choose which fort or tower works best for you – we can then attach any swing attachment, slides and climbing accessories you like!
Where are your swing sets manufactured?
All of our swing sets are manufactured in the Amish community of Lancaster PA. Our vinyl swing sets are made by Swing Kingdom in Leola, and our wood swing sets are made by Patiova in Parkesburg. Both companies are wholesalers who do not sell to the public, but rather focus on excellence in the construction of their products and working with us to offer them at competitive prices.
How long will my swing set last?
A properly maintained pressure-treated wood play set will last at least fifteen to twenty years. A maintenance free vinyl set, however, can last at least 25-30 years or more! We like to tell our customers that they will last as long as your kids will use them, and probably even for the grandkids.
How much space do I need to bring a swing set into my back yard?
We normally need a foot wider than the width of your tower from the street back to where you’d like to place it; e.g., a 5’ wide tower will need a 6’ wide path. We will also need 8’ of clearance under any wires or tree branches.
How much space do I need for a swing set?
Our swing sets come in a wide variety of sizes – however, many sets will fit inside a 20’ square area. Make sure you also have enough “run-off” room for the kids as they come off the slide, as well as plenty of room for them to swing.
How long will it take to get my swing set after I order?
Normal lead times for swing sets are about 1-3 weeks from the date of order. If you choose to have our installation crew deliver your swing set, they will bring it in pieces to your property and install it within an hour or two.
How often should I put a wood preserver on my wood swing set?
If you use a high-quality watersealer, treatment every two to three years will keep your swing set looking new. We recommend Cabot brand stains, which are available at most home improvement stores.
Do you offer commercial playsets?
Yes, our vinyl clad playground sets are ideal for commercial applications. We have many additional options available for commercial swing sets – please contact us
for more information.