Who needs a pool to have a poolhouse?
So you think you need a pool to have a poolhouse? Think again. A lot of people are putting poolhouses on properties that don’t even have a pool. Why? Because poolhouses make great entertainment centers.
Many combine a screened porch with a closed space, which makes them a perfect four-season entertainment space for family and friends. And, of course, if you ever decide to build a pool, you’re already ahead of the game.
For winter and summer, you can add climate control. Electrical packages allow lighting and sound. You can even install a wet bar and small kitchen area, if desired.
Here is some useful information and specifications for the Poolhouse:
- Roof is built with 2×4 rafters 16 in. O.C. and 1/2″ exterior-grade TechShield sheeting with lifetime (limited) architectural asphalt shingles
- Walls have 2×4 studs 16 in. O.C. and TechShield wall sheathing
- Floor is built with 2×4 pressure-treated floor joists 16 in. O.C. and 5/8″ exterior-grade plywood on top of 4×4 pressure-treated runners
- Doors are non-prehung fiberglass or wood with a diamond-plate sill protector
- Vertical slider windows come with screens and window trim
Also, consider these options and upgrades:
- Storage and organization – a loft, pegboard, workbench or shelving
- Electrical package
- Vents – gable vents (two sizes to choose from), roof vent or soffit vent
- Spray foam insulated floor
- Dormer – shed, reverse gable or Cape cod
- Roof upgrade – cedar shakes, ribbed metal or standing-seam metal
- Siding upgrades -beaded vinyl, HardiePlank, board-and-batten, cedar shake (and more)
- Window upgrades – insulated, wood sash, arched wood sash and transom
- Shutters – wood slat, vinyl raised panel or vinyl louvered
- Cupola – in either wood or vinyl
We love helping you design the perfect entertainment space for your needs, your budget, and your property. Give us a call and let us help you create the perfect DreamSpace™ for your backyard.